This Garlicky Cilantro Mojo sauce is one of my go-to sauces. I love to whip up a batch to serve alongside tacos, grilled chicken, seafood, eggs, and especially roasted vegetables and potatoes. I love how this Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce has bright flavors, a little bit of heat and a bit of a zing from the fresh lime juice.
(affiliate links below)
You know what else I love? How easy this recipe is. Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce literally takes about 5 minutes, making it the perfect sauce make while food is on the grill or in the oven. I use my food processor to make this sauce so nothing needs to be minced. All you need to do is roughly chop the ingredients, turn on the processor, and slowly stream in the olive oil. I have an older version of this food processor that my mom gave me about 8 years ago and is still as good as new. If you don’t have a food processor, I highly recommend investing in one. It makes many cooking tasks much easier and I find myself reaching for it often on busy weeknights.
This sauce is adapted from Jose Pizarro’s Salt-Crusted Potatoes with Cilantro Mojo from the Food52 Genius Recipes cookbook.
Uses for Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce
Here’s a few ideas for what to serve with Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce:
- Roasted vegetables
- Grilled chicken
- Tacos (like Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos with Black Bean Paste)
- Mixed in with rice
- Drizzled in soup (try it with Jalapeño Black Bean soup)
- Tossed with avocado and radishes
- Roasted salmon
- Beans (like my Pinto Beans)
Did you try this recipe for Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce?
If so, let me know in the comments! I love hearing how recipes turn out for others and what you’ll pair with this Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce.Print
Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce
This Garlicky Cilantro Mojo Sauce is a vibrant and bright, citrusy cilantro sauce. Serve alongside potatoes, roasted vegetables, and roasted or grilled meats.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped and seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoons lime juice, to taste
- Add cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, coriander and cumin to a food processor. Pulse to create a paste.
- Turn the food processor on and slowly stream in the olive oil until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Add the lime juice teaspoon by teaspoon, adjusting for personal preference.
Recipe adapted from Jose Pizarro’s Salt-Crusted Potatoes with Cilantro Mojo
Keywords: cilantro mojo sauce, sauces, dips
Like this recipe? Pin it using the image below!
P.S. This blog post contains amazon affiliate links which means that I earn a commission if you make purchases through the links above. This is at no extra cost or work for you. I only recommend products I use and truly enjoy. Thank you for supporting India from Indiana!