Last Updated on by
The first time I made this dip was for a holiday party my graduate school roommate and I were hosting. People were going to be arriving any minute, and I felt like we needed more food (story of my life) so I began throwing things I thought would be good together into the food processor and pressed the on button. I had a longtime favorite dip recipe prepared, but this spur-of-the-moment recipe was a hit with everyone! The black beans give it some good protein, cilantro and garlic add depth of flavor, and the lime and cumin add a delicious tang and some smokiness! It is great recipe to have when you need something quick and delicious. All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a blender. I love this flavor combination of lime, cumin, and jalapeño.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it! If you do, please let me know in the comments!
Black Bean Dip
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and roughly chopped*
- 1/4-1/12 tsp salt **
- 1 tbsp lime juice (the juice of 1/2 of a lime, roughly)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add ingredients to food processor or blender. Blend until smooth scraping down the sides as necessary.
*For extra heat, include some or all of the seeds. That is where the spice is at!
**The amount of salt will depend on a few different things (such as the beans you use and personal taste), so start with a 1/4 tsp. of salt and add until your desired amount.