Last Updated on by
Easy and delicious, these Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect cozy and comforting weeknight dinner. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy all the delicious flavors of tacos but in a healthier way!
About Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Chicken Tinga has been one of my food obsessions since I first made my Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Chicken Tinga a few months ago. I love to use the Chicken Tinga for tacos, burrito bowls, and my lately one of my favorite things to make are these Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. They’re healthy, easy to make ahead for lunches, and so delicious! The sweetness from the potatoes and smokey flavor from the chipotle peppers in the Chicken Tinga is an addicting combination. My favorite toppings to use are goat cheese or cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, and avocado but you can customize these however you please! I’ve included some other ideas for toppings below.
How to Make Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is such a great recipe for meal prep because it’s so easy. Here’s how you’ll make these Chicken Tinga Sweet Potatoes in three easy steps:
- Prepare the Chicken Tinga either in your slow cooker or Instant Pot (or use leftover Chicken Tinga). I love my Chicken Tinga recipe because it takes almost zero chopping and makes the most flavorful smokey chicken! You can put it in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day or make it in the Instant Pot in 10 minutes. These Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are also a great way to repurpose leftover Chicken Tinga. If you’re using left overs, warm them up in the microwave or on the stove.
- Bake your sweet potatoes. I prefer to bake sweet potatoes in the oven, but if you’re short on time you can use either the microwave or instant pot.
- Top with your favorite fixings! I love fresh cilantro, red onion, and a salty cheese like goat or cotija cheese. Some other delicious ideas could be:
Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups Chicken Tinga
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Fresh limes for serving
- Cook the Chicken Tinga according to the recipe in either the slow cooker or Instant Pot. If using leftovers, warm the chicken Tinga in a sauce pan or large skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Bake on a lined baking sheet for about 35 - 45 minutes, until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, split them down the middle and stuff each with about 1/2 cup of the cooked Chicken Tinga. Top with your favorite toppings and serve!
HELPFUL RECIPE INFORMATION
All recipes are tested and developed in my home kitchen. Unless otherwise stated, I always use extra virgin olive oil and this Himalayan pink salt in my recipes. All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven and an electric range.
DID YOU TRY THIS Recipe?
I hope you enjoy these Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes as much as I do! If you’ve tried it, please rate this recipe and let me know below in the comments what you think! You can also mention @indiafromindiana or tag #indiafromindiana on Instagram so I can see what you’re making in the kitchen!