This post was last updated on May 3, 2020 by India
(affiliate links below)
This Past March…
March felt like a crazy whirlwind. Like a complete blur. One day it was March 1 and I blinked and then it was April 3rd. Like what did I do all month?! I did experiment with some new recipes (like Parmesan Bacon Chicken Salad ohhh myyyyy goodness it’s the epitome of divine) and Balsamic Mushrooms inspired by Saba Rock in the British Virgin Islands (RIP…unfortunately this gem did not survive Hurricane Irma in 2017).
Neal was working crazy hours all throughout the month until the client deadline at the end of the month. The last few weeks of his busy season are the hardest. After about 6 weeks of him working till very late, it’s like “okay I miss my husband a lot.” But then busy season ends and it makes quality time together so much sweeter.
Bentonville Half Marathon
Wowowow okay so if anyone were to tell me a year ago that I would run a half marathon I would have to laugh in their face. But I did it! I ran a half marathon and I didn’t walk (okay besides for 10 seconds going up hill at mile 12 and walking hurt so bad that I started running again) and I finished and I got a baller medal and finisher shirt. I’ll do just about anything for a finisher shirt, so the 13.1 mile run was totally worth it.
But in all honesty, it was a great experience. I ran cross country from 7th grade through sophomore year in high school. I’ve never been a fast runner, and would get discouraged with running and walk often. I thought training for a half marathon would be much of the same and I would walk often and feel like a slug. And that’s how the beginning was. Walking a lot, running slow, but something clicked and I started walking less. I was also running with co-workers and was motivated by them to keep going. Or maybe I’ve become more mature and tenacious over the past 10+?!
It was exhilarating to set a goal, work towards that goal, and reach the goal with lots of hard work. I can’t wait to run more half marathons and already have one picked out in November to run with girlfriends! Which means more finisher shirts 🙂 Also, I’m a total sucker for anything where I can buy cute accessories/speciality foods like energy gels.
Let me know in the comments if you have any recommendations for races I should look into!
New on India from Indiana
Here’s what’s you may have missed this month on India from Indiana:
- Tuscan Bean and Kale Soup – My favorite vegetable soup! Parmesan rind infuses the broth with such incredible flavor! I’ve also included ways to easily make it vegan.
- Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Spicy peanut sauce, tender chicken and mushrooms, crisp lettuce…my dream!! Leftovers get better as the flavors mingle (aka great for packing for lunch)
- Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – I’m forever a fan of Chicken Tinga and these Chicken Tinga Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are just another great way to enjoy!
- Quick Pickled Red Onions – Deciding to have a jar of these in my fridge to add on top of absolutely everything was one of the best decisions I’ve made. They add such a great acidic crunch to grain bowls, left overs, tacos, eggs…absolutely EVERYTHING! (<-very passionate that you need to make a jar of these right right riiiiight now)
- Asparagus with Spring Pea Puree – I usually don’t care for asparagus, but can’t get enough of it when paired with this fresh spring pea puree. GAH! Please make this for Easter…so festive, so perfect for spring.
What I Read in March
Ugh, I’ve only read one book this month! I’ve been consumed by the podcast Binge Mode. Hosts Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion break down each Game of Throne episode with details from the book. The Game of Thrones episodes got me hooked, but I’ve stayed for their dissection of the Harry Potter novels. I’m hooked!
Anyways…the one book I read was Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. OH WOW!! This. Book. Is. AMAZING! Where the Crawdads Sing is one of those books that drew me in with the first page and seemed to consume all my free time and thoughts until I finished the book about 3 days later. I wish every book was as captivating! I hope for more novels soon from the author, Delia Owens.
Dobby’s March Update
I can’t help it, but I really think Dobby is the cutest dog in the world. Nothing notable happened this month, besides him being cute. He did come to work with me one day and basically just laid next to my desk all day! He was surprisingly calm…maybe because I gave him two of his calming chews lol. Anyways…here are my favorite photos of Dobby from this month!
Annnnd that’s a wrap! Another month of 2019 done. I say this every year and every month but 2019 seriously seems to be flying by. Before we know it, Thanksgiving and the holidays will be here!
P.S. This blog post contains amazon affiliate links which means that I earn a commission if you make purchases through the links above. This is at no extra cost or work for you. I only recommend products I use and truly enjoy. Thank you for supporting India from Indiana!