Last Updated on by
Okay, okay, okay! Let’s talk about this salad. Based off of this recipe, it has quickly become one of our favorite salads to prepare on Sunday and eat throughout the week. It is filling, packed with vegetables, full of plant based protein, and bursting with flavor. Paired with an herbed yogurt sauce, it is absolutely irresistible!
This salad is made of dry lentils cooked with spices and lemon juice, mixed with cooked quinoa and raw vegetables and salty feta, and tossed with a lemony-garlic vinaigrette. I prefer to eat it over a bed of mixed greens with the yogurt sauce on the side! As a bonus, it comes together super fast. While the lentils and quinoa cook, you chop the vegetables, whisk together the vinaigrette, and mix the yogurt sauce! This meal can be on the table in a little over 30 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this healthy, easy, and filling salad!
Lentils and spices are ready for a hot bath!
This salad is so beautiful and bursting with color!
My assistant joined me for this shoot 😉 he had absolutely NO interest in the salad, but always wants to be close to his mama!
Mediterranean Inspired Lentil Salad with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup dry lentils rinsed and picked through
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 10 oz container grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 bunch curly parsley chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 4 cups favorite salad mix (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cups greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients from the lentil category in a saucepan with 2 2/3 cups water and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until lentils are cooked through (about 30 minutes). Drain any liquid that is remaining and discard the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the lentils are cooking, chop all the salad ingredients, except for salad mix. Place in a large bowl. Once the lentils are cooked through, add them to the bowl. Mix ingredients together, except for salad mix.
- Combine all the herbed yogurt sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Plate the lentil mix on a bed of salad (if desired) and serve with the herbed yogurt sauce on the side.
Make it vegan by excluding the feta and herbed yogurt sauce.