Last Updated on by
I am in love with these sweet potato and yogurt breakfast parfaits. What first happened when I needed something to add to my morning yogurt to mix it up and only had sweet potatoes on hand has quickly become my go-to breakfast. These are delicious! They have roasted sweet potatoes, creamy greek yogurt, blueberries (or fruit of choice), crunchy granola, hemp seeds for extra protein and a blast of nutty flavor, and honey for the perfect sweet touch. As a bonus, these are so quick to make and can be prepped in advance, making them perfect for a quick weekday breakfast.
Use whatever fruit and yogurt you have on hand. I prefer blueberries, but bananas, apples, or cherries would be phenomenal. While I typically prefer whole fat greek yogurt, you could obviously use plain yogurt or even cottage cheese. I’ve used left over ricotta I had in the fridge and that was amazingly delicious as well!
Sweet Potato and Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain divided
- 1 cup blueberries divided
- 1/4 cup granola divided
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds optional
- 2 tsp honey optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potato all over, place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, until soft when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and let rest until cool to touch.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato and break up in pieces.
- Layer the ingredients with half of the sweet potato, blueberries, yogurt, granola, and hemp seeds if using. Repeat until all ingredients are used and top with honey, if desired. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a bowl without the hassle of layering to enjoy.
The sweet potato can be roasted earlier in the week and warmed up in the microwave, on the stove, or can be eaten cold (still completely delicious!). I typically roast many potatoes on Sunday night and keep to use throughout the week.
Vegans can sub greek yogurt with coconut yogurt and honey for maple syrup.