These Chicken Tinga Tacos are packed with smokey and tomatoey flavors. They’re topped with fresh cilantro, red onion, and goat cheese. They’re so easy and one of my favorite ways to enjoy Chicken Tinga!
(affiliate links below)
About Chicken Tinga Tacos
A few weeks ago I shared my recipe for Chicken Tinga, which has quickly become one of my go-to recipes. It’s a great recipe and so versatile. One of my favorite ways things to make with a batch of Chicken Tinga are these Chicken Tinga Tacos. They’re fabulous and I can’t think of a single person who wouldn’t enjoy them. They’re full of flavor and have a slight spicy bite.
These tacos are also great for having friends over. They actually might be one of the best things to serve when hosting–just prepare the filling, set up a smorgasbord of toppings and everyone can customize their tacos how they want! A pitcher of margaritas, some queso, and guacamole would be the perfect compliment!
Ingredients in Chicken Tinga Tacos
These tacos are so easy to make! You only need a handful of ingredients and can completely customize the toppings. These are my favorites:
- Chicken tinga: Delicious homemade Chicken Tinga is the best filling for these tacos! Put a batch in the slow cooker before work or in the Instant Pot when you get home, shred, and top with your favorite taco toppings.
- Corn tortillas: I love to use corn tortillas for these Chicken Tinga Tacos, but if you’re grain free you could use butter lettuce or a paleo tortilla, such as Siete Foods Almond Flour.
- Cilantro: A sprinkle of fresh cilantro compliments the smoky flavor of the Chicken Tinga.
- Red onions: Crunchy red onions give a nice bite and texture to these tacos. Not a fan of raw red onions? Try some Quick Pickled Red Onions!
- Goat cheese: I love the smooth texture and tang that goat cheese gives, but feta cheese or sharp cheddar would also be equally yummy on these tacos.
- Lime: Fresh lime juice squeezed right before serving brightens up these tacos!
- Other toppings: Avocado, cabbage, and fresh jalapenos would all make delicious toppings for these Chicken Tinga Tacos!
What to Serve with Chicken Tinga Tacos
These Chicken Tinga Tacos are a meal on their own, but if you’re looking to mix it up or add to these delicious tacos, here are some serving ideas:
- Whip up a few Margaritas
- Sautéed veggies (Chili Lime Kale or zucchini with lemon juice and oregano are my favorites to go with Mexican food)
Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Yield: 4 servings (about 10 – 12 tacos) 1x
- 2 cups Chicken Tinga
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 lime, quartered
- Cook the Chicken Tinga according to the recipe in either the slow cooker or Instant Pot. If using leftovers, warm the chicken Tinga in a sauce pan or large skillet.
- Warm the tortillas over medium high heat in a skillet or in the microwave. Wrap warm tortillas in a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm.
- Assemble the tacos by topping the tortillas with the Chicken Tinga, cilantro, red onion, and goat cheese. Squeeze tacos with fresh lime juice before serving.
Like this post? Pin it using the image below!
P.S. This blog post contains amazon affiliate links which means that I earn a commission if you make purchases through the links above. This is at no extra cost or work for you. I only recommend products I use and truly enjoy. Thank you for supporting India from Indiana!